Our system offers a few ways of tracking user behaviour inside Google Analytics. There are:
- UTM params from external traffic (email/push)
- generated page views (for onsite campaigns).
- Google Analytics integration using events
Email and transactional campaigns
For all you can have set those UTM params at account level as well as campaign level.
For push campaigns we set the following UTM params:
- UTM_campaign: Campaign title
- UTM_content: Push message title
- UTM_source: vtpush
- UTM_medium: notification
Using those settings you can track user behaviour using standard Google Analytics reports.
Generated page views
We respect other traffic sources and do not overwrite them by default. In order to be able to track user interactions with our campaigns on your website, we generate some non-interactive fake pageviews.
Submit events (on our email collectors or forms)
- pageview with the following path /submit?vt_campaign=<campaignID>&vt_content=<contentID>
To use them in your segmentation and Analytics reports, create the following segment in Analytics: users who viewed pages containing “vt_campaign=”. This is an internal tracking we add to links to your site pages.
Google Analytics Integration
Our standard analytics integration allows you to send custom events to you Analytics account for more advanced reports.
Feel free to use this feature as you wish to create advanced Google Analytics reports.