Segmentation can be done based on user profile attributes and user activity. Here we will talk about user activity.
By activity we mean events specifically done by your users on your website or email and events created based on campaigns or their online behaviour.
- view product page, add to cart, add to wishlist
- view category page, search
- view checkout, confirm an order
- visit from referrer
- open or click an email
- received an email, or hard bounce from an email that was sent.
- clicked spam or unsubscribed.
Segmentation allows you to select a suite of these kind of events and to specify a time period for them. You can also select users who did or did not an event.
Each event has a specific set of attributes, unique to it. For more details on how to create conditions of these attributes, please check our User segmentation article.