The following article presents how to add our Marketing Automation solution for Magento stores.
Note that extension is tested with Magento 1.9, but should work with older versions of Magento as well. If there are any situations you see errors or events not being sent correctly, please contact us.
Our Marketing Automation extension for Magento is called VTMarketing (the reason is has this VT prefix is that is used by different companies and so it uses a generic name)
Download Marketing Automation extension for Magento
First download the module from here: https://vtcdn.net
Install extension to your Magento store
After downloading you will have a ZIP archive. At this moment you have only 1 way of installing it: through FTP access
1. Install VTMarketing through FTP
- You need to unarchive the ZIP file. The archive has a root folder called magento19-vtmarketing, that looks like this
- Login to your FTP account, go to folder root installation
- Upload the folder app from your computer into root folder (another directory called app should be there, just merge them). Make sure you copy the folder, and not it’s contents. No files will be overwritten, we will only add the ones required by our extension.
- If you’re being asked by your ftp application to either merge or replace, always choose merge!
- That’s all. Now go to the next section of this article, the configuration.
Change settings of our Magento marketing plugin
VTMarketing Automation extesion will be added to your magento extensions list. Go to System -> Configuration.
Click on VTMarketing Automation from the left-side list to open the settings screen, same as below:
- API Key is used for our server to communicate with your shop in a more secure way. You must copy it from your account (Settings -> Account Profile -> Api Key)
- Unique ID is used to send events from server_side. (Settings -> Account Profile -> Api Key)
Click Save Config to save your key and sync settings with our systems.
Magento MultiStore configuration
If you have multi store running on your Magento installation, and each store is available under a different domain, please follow the instructions below.
Our module currently loads each integration script based on domain name. So if you have same installation for multiple domains (stores), you need to insert the domain names under module settings.
Choose each domain from the left side. Under settings there will also be “Store Script Domain” which needs to match the domain name you entered when creating an account.
See examples below:
Edit Order Statuses
Note that our system is smart enough to only accept an order once, based on the order id. To read more about Magento order statuses, click here.
Make sure you get statuses not states. Usually the status code column is on the left.
Product Feed Sync
We’ve discovered situations where the product feed url does not sync to our systems.
If feed settings and url is empty, as below, please enter the above url (replace shop domain) or contact us to help you.
If you have multi store enabled also change store_code, otherwise remove it and only change example.com
Sometimes the product feed URL is not the right one, depending on various system configuration. You can try to load this URL in your browser.
If a “forbidden” message the URL is displayed, otherwise you need to enter the correct one.
Recreate Abandoned Cart
Starting with version 0.1.0, our Magento module is able to recreate abandoned carts on any device. There’s a huge advantage, because many people add to cart on one device (laptop) and can finish purchase on their way home.
Recreating carts is only available for transactional campaigns, that receive cartId along with the event. This is the URL that needs to be added to the call to action that links to the cart page.
What you should know
Some default events are sent server side through the module. That limits functionality of our solution on the website, on things related to the events: confirmation, addtocart and addtowishlist
Also, Magento subscribers will be synchronised to our platform using the module (on both subscribe and unsubscribe).
Done. Marketing Automation for Magento is ready to boost sales!
That’s all. You’re now ready to start increasing sales for your Magento store using our marketing automation integration.