Our system completely integrates with Google Analytics (Universal Analytics) by automatically sending events.
Things to know:
- You need to have Universal Analytics installed on your website, either directly or through any TagManager.
- You need to have admin rights over your account.
- All events are passed to first tracker found on your page. (If you have multiple trackers, let us know so we can make changes for you. If you don’t know anything about this, you’ll probably have only one).
- You can enable or disable this integration under Setup -> Integrations
- You can choose which events to send, either all or only some of them.
- See before how events are sent so you can setup goals under your Google Analytics account.
Enabling sending events to GA
In your account, under Setup -> Integrations, you’ll find a Google Analytics sections. You need to enable it, so events will be sent.
From the list of events, you can choose which events to be sent. By default we forward all events.
How events show up in your Analytics Account
According to Google Analytics, each event has the following format :
ga('send', 'event', [eventCategory], [eventAction], [eventLabel], [eventValue], [fieldsObject]);
|Field Name||Value Type||Required||Description|
|text||yes||You can change this name from the input field. Default is VTMarketing.|
|text||yes||Event type: viewitem, sitedisplay, sitesubmit, checkout …|
|text||no||For item related events is itemId.
For category events is categoryId
For site campaigns is built from campaignId_contentId
For search is query
For purchase is orderId_numberOfItems
|integer||no||A numeric value associated with the event (e.g. |
Setting up goals in Analytics
If you need to setup a goal in your analytics account, here’s a detailed article.